Pages

Posture


After you have learn the warm ups, the next step to singing is having the correct posture. With correct posture, you will have more air because your diaphragm is open and in perfect singing position. Not only will you sing longer but it will also create a better tonal sound. Good posture is essential because without it then your voice will be weak and it would not use its full potential. Here is a mental checklist I use every time I sing:

  1. Make sure your feet are positioned hip distance apart.
  2. Stand up straight with your chest out so your diaphragm would be open.
  3. Make sure your head is parallel to the the ground.
  4. Hands should be relaxed and still at the sides because you want the attention on you not your hands.
  5. Knees should be flexible and not locked.
That is it but when you are up singing on stage it is hard to keep track of this because people are watching you. When I began to sing a long time ago, I would always forget about my posture because I was nervous. It just take time to get use to the mental checklist. But I guarantee you that it will help you become a better singer!